Residential Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Louisville, KY
Seeing your home and precious possessions consumed by fire can be one of the most severe losses a homeowner can experience. After such a devastating loss, reassurance comes from having clear guidance and support in salvaging as much as possible from fire and smoke damage. At ServiceMaster Restoration by Redbird DRS, our technicians are more than talented professionals. We are caring people ready to get you back in your home as quickly as possible while keeping you informed every step of the way.
- Tarping & Board-Up
- Clothing & Fabric
- Soot, Smoke, & Odor Removal
- Carpet & Upholstered Furniture
- Wall & Cabinet Washing
- Content Cleaning & Restoration
WHAT ARE COMMON TYPES OF FIRES THAT CAN OCCUR?
- Protein Fire
Food from the oven or stove has burned, leaving strong burnt food odors and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.
- Complex Fire
Multiple natural and synthetic items inside your home have burned, causing black smoke residue on contents and surfaces and synthetic smoke odors. Here, emergency corrosion mitigation is needed to protect at-risk surfaces.
- Natural Fire
Trees, shrubs, and bushes have burned, and smoke has penetrated the structure from outside, so smoke residue and odor are present.
- Furnace Malfunction
Heating appliances such as oil-fired furnaces have malfunctioned and have caused smoke distribution throughout the property.
Fire damage goes beyond burning items.
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials if they are left behind.
- If you don't remove odors from smoke, they will stay in a room or a home long after the fire and will continue to cause problems.
- Walls and other surfaces will discolor in a few minutes.
- In a few hours, finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
Not all fire damage is the same. Our fire restoration process is thorough and proven.
- Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
- Remediating water damage (if any)
- Evaluating sensitive materials for damage caused by a result of smoke and soot particles
- Removing contents from the home, including collecting immediate items you may need for the next seven days such as clothing, prescriptions, toys, school books, business needs, etc. and packing out the remaining contents for cleaning and storage
- Performing structural restoration, including the removal of any charred materials that may seal in smoke such as insulation and burned wood
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings for possible removal
- Inspecting the framing of the house and subfloors for safety, treating affected surfaces for smoke odors and sealing to keep any leftover odors from leaking back into the house
- Cleaning, eliminating odors, and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
- Returning items to the original location and helping to restore your normal life
DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT?
- We're ready to restore your home or place of business following any disaster.
- 24/7 our trained and well-equipped experts respond to your emergency needs.
- With you as our priority, we say what we do and do what we say.
Don't try to do it yourself!
The residue left behind after a fire is a biohazard and can cause health problems if it is not taken care of correctly and thoroughly. You do not want to attempt to clean up your home on your own after a fire – you may cause more damage. Only experts with the right training and tools can assure the job is done correctly.
Did you know that smoke continues to destroy your home and its contents even after the fire is out?
The smoke that has coated or penetrated surfaces continues to affect the chemical composition of fabrics, metals, walls, ceilings, and even tiles. Count on us to handle every aspect of the smoke and soot removal as well as restore areas damaged by fire.
When disaster strikes, every minute that goes by makes the problem worse. Don't delay.